Can you explain this/ tell me where you read/ heard it?  The implication is
that their debts would be greater than their assets, in which case, why
would anyone loan them more than their worth?  Isn't that the point of
collateral, offer something up with value equal to the loan?  I'm not
doubting you, I'm merely curious!

Mike