To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2007 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mercedes Quality vs Toyota

Nope.  A degree in science or engineering disqualifies one to be
management -- "too close to the work".  You must have "independent
thinking skills" and be able to blow the current psuedo-scientific
smoke, whatever brand it is these days.  If you know how things
actually work, you won't be able to make "critical decisions" (i.e. cut
costs at whatever expense).

Sad but true.  How many CEOs and upper management these days have
degrees in English?  More than you would think, it's ballyhooed at
universities as the road to success!

Peter