At 02:49 PM 1/31/2007, Randy wrote:

I think my truck is almost as much car as truck - Ford F150 Supercrew - 4 doors - maybe a 5 foot box. Just a tall
car with the trunk lid removed??

-----Original Message-----  (Tom wrote)

Hey, at least in Georgia you can still drive a pick-up truck.  They're
essentially outlawed where I live    (snip)

Oh God but this reminds me of when my wife and I moved to Washington DC in the mid 70s. We first lived in the city. When I went to register my 73 IH Scout I discovered that by DC government definition it was a commercial vehicle and hence could not be parked in residential areas or driven on boulevards. Or something like that. It was the only vehicle we had. In fact it was a personal vehicle which I had ordered new and specified no back seat so we could carry our fancy bicycles out of the weather. "Sorry, no back seat - it's a commercial vehicle." I remember taking a half day off from work to pursue the matter at the appropriate DC government offices certain in my heart I would find the right bureaucrat and get a waiver. Ha. We just ignored the law for the year before we moved out of the city and were not hassled.

This sort of legislation must be especially difficult to design now what with all the odd mixes of vehicles there are.

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

     Should crematoriums give discounts for burn victims?