"Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> it's hte os x that converted me instantly.  i had seen the older mac
> os and didn't see how it was any better than my windoze xp, outside
> of perhaps being reliable.

Mac OS prior to OS X was many things, but reliable was not one of
them.  At least prior to OS 9.  OS 9 was improved, but not nearly as
robust as OS X.

Mac "Classic" OS crashed as much if not more than Windows and the
crashes were generally in the form of a little bomb icon that appeared
and then you were toast -- all unsaved work lost.

It beat Windows in usability and features, but not in stability.

Allan

--
1983 300D
1966 230