I am now working (temporarily) as Features Editor of a local paper. They
use mostly Mac G4s. IMO, the G4s suck like a rift in spacetime.

I use a Sony Mavica for photography which burns to a mini-cd. Works
fantastic whether you use Windoze or Linux. Apparently won't work on a
Mac because OSX can't read the CD. Most folks there keep a cd in their
drive bay so they have an icon which they can click and (hopefully)
eject their CDs, because once the CD is out and the icon leaves the
desktop it may or may not open the drive bay and may or may not read the
next CD.

Word on the Mac has the quaint habit of deleting files on the server
rather than saving when you attempt to save changes to an existing
document. There is no fix for this shite. I could go on.

So, all the time I was using PCs I was hearing about Macs and thinking
"damn, they must be good if they cost so freakin' much but I bet I could
build something as good for less." I was wrong. I could build something
a helluva lot better for far less.

Lee