When selling a vehicle, what are some of the safest ways to accept payment?
I'll be doing this transaction in person.

My most recent personal transactions have all been at the bank.
If we both use Bank of America a simple transfer slip will work,
I have done that twice.  So far as I know it is non-reversible.
I am probably wrong.

The guy who bought the 450 SL brought cash, and we deposited it
at my bank then I signed the title.  (He banked at a different
institution, so a transfer slip was of no use.)

We both signed duplicate bills of sale containing all pertinent
information, and each kept a copy.

-- Jim