There is a nut job with a VW rabbit that he runs as electric, but has an outboard rabbit front end set up as trailer running the diesel motor. He uses it to power his electric car for normal travel, but when it needs a boost, he engages the driveshaft and has it push his car up hill or whatever he needs extra zoom.

I am thinking I saw someplace that Benz is making a diesel electric car/truck for consumer use. Might be wrong and confusing them with railroads

clay