To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Soy 81 300D

"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

The Gubmint and their infernal taxes reach out to everybody.  Even
though veggie oil takes a lot of work to collect, process and
convert the vehicle, the gubmint will reach into his pocket after
not helping at any part of the process.

Fuel taxes are supposed to fund the construction and maintenance of
roads and related infrastructure.  They have nothing to do with
funding the production or processing of the fuel, the oil companies
have that burden, often complicated by arcane government-mandated
regional fuel formulation requirements.

Now I don't know if those funds are ever diverted elsewhere, but the
theory is good IMO and as far as taxes go they are actually
well-justified if used for their intended purpose.  People who dodge
fuel taxes are getting a free ride on YOUR roads.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230