give them a free ride then

do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing to reduce one's dependence on
fossil fuels?

do you think it is better to use recycled waste products as a fuel source or
do you prefer something some nice new none renewable fossil fuel, perhaps
sourced from a place where the natives want you dead?

how much money in taxes do you think you are losing to the veggie oil guys?
do you think it will materially effect the quality of the roads you and I
pay for?

what mechanism do you offer the veggie guys to "pay their share"?  how can
they even do it if they wanted to?

end this tyranny.  give the veggie guys a pass!

On 6/11/07, Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The Gubmint and their infernal taxes reach out to everybody.  Even
> though veggie oil takes a lot of work to collect, process and
> convert the vehicle, the gubmint will reach into his pocket after
> not helping at any part of the process.

Fuel taxes are supposed to fund the construction and maintenance of
roads and related infrastructure.  They have nothing to do with
funding the production or processing of the fuel, the oil companies
have that burden, often complicated by arcane government-mandated
regional fuel formulation requirements.

Now I don't know if those funds are ever diverted elsewhere, but the
theory is good IMO and as far as taxes go they are actually
well-justified if used for their intended purpose.  People who dodge
fuel taxes are getting a free ride on YOUR roads.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230