Not to be a heretic, but since RLE broached the
subject, I'll pile on:

Ritter once mentioned that professional quality
wrenches just "felt good" in your hand, and the
ergonomics, if properly done, essentially made the
tool an extension of your body.

When I first heard him say this, I figured he was
having a flashback from his days in San Francisco.

A few weeks later I got my first Hazet wrench.  Holy
mother of pearl!  That wrench was like a fine piece of
machinery the way it fit my hand and worked the
fasteners when I used it.

I never bought a cheap wrench after that, and I don't
regret spending big $$ for good ones.

Dan

--- Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> John M McIntosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> writes:
>
> > Sadly this becomes a junk $10 wrench, versus a
> quality forever $50
> > wrench. Well the risk is?
>
> Most consumers don't really use tools seriously
> enough to care.  The
> junk wrench with the lifetime warranty is just fine
> for them.  The
> professional mechanic doesn't buy his tools at Sears
> anyway.
>
> Allan
> --
> 1983 300D