the really sad thing is, not so many years ago, the pro could buy some of
his tools from Sears.

I had a really stuck bolt a few weeks ago  when I was changing a timing belt
and put a made in china wrench on it.  When they're really stuck, you fear
rounding the bolt head at times, but I had to laugh when I rounded the
wrench!  Well, I only laughed for a minute, then I was cursing!  hee hee.
But them's Americans sure does make good bolts!  :-)

Ed
300E