Howdy -
    My 240D has a sound like something is running besides the engine - like
a roar that is not dependant on the speed of the engine but *is* dependant
on the speed of the car.  My car has a solid fan attachment (no viscous
clutch) and I've replaced the motor mounts which cured a lot of strange
noises.

    The roar gets louder as I speed up and quieter as I slow down.  What do
bad center bearings sound like?   I've had bad u-joints on other cars and
know what they felt like - and this ain;t like that.  Any reason I should
expect the noise to be the same?

    I must be rambling - never had a problem like this before -

    Any ideas?

TIA -

Larry T (67 MGB, 74 911, 78 240D, 91 300D)
PORSCHE POSTERS!  youroil.net
.