On 8/17/07, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Okay, here's one of my famous basic questions:
>
> Since I only really have the ability to jack up one end of the
> vehicle, am I better off – in terms of maximum ATF drainage – jacking
> up the front, or the rear of the vehicle? I'm assuming the rear is the
> answer, but doesn't hurt to ask.

If you jack up the rear you can check the differential oil level while
you're at it.  (Always more pleasant when the fill hole is higher than
normal, so that it doesn't dribble all over as you remove the plug
[Actually I learned this lesson not from any Benzes but from my
Trooper (with four fill plugs to worry about on the bottom)]).

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo et al.