Not in the state schools down here - they don't stand
a chance of being accepted.  Where you see the serious
remedial stuff is at the community college level,
mainly because in Florida, if you graduate from a
community college with a 3.0 or better, four year
state schools have to accept you.

Our state schools are cheap as wine - my current
undergraduate semester fees are around $1200 for a
full load of 11 hours.  Add to that $300 for books (I
don't have any classroom classes this semester as I am
interning) and you can go to school as a commuter
student for about $1500 a semester.

What a deal.

We also have something called "Bright Futures"
scholarships that allow resident high school students
who maintain a 3.5 GPA or better to get a free ride to
any state school.  You have to pay for a portion of
your books and all of your housing if you live on
campus, but other than that it's a freebie.

We told the youngest that if he got a Bright Futures
scholarship we would buy him a car for college.  A
heck of a deal for us!

Dan

and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7