When I used to ride a motorcycle (before a drug-hazed thief ended my
riding career) I used to do a few things to try to increase my odds of
surviving as I rode around Tucson and Phoenix/Tempe.

One of them that comes to mind is: When approaching an intersection
where cars were waiting to turn left in front of me, I would do the
quick, tight "swervies" to help them recognize visually that I was
there (of course I would try not to give them the impression that I
was moving into the turn lane).

Brian