----- Original Message -----
From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> When I used to ride a motorcycle (before a drug-hazed thief ended my
> riding career) I used to do a few things to try to increase my odds of
> surviving as I rode around Tucson and Phoenix/Tempe.
>
> One of them that comes to mind is: When approaching an intersection
> where cars were waiting to turn left in front of me, I would do the
> quick, tight "swervies" to help them recognize visually that I was
> there (of course I would try not to give them the impression that I
> was moving into the turn lane).
> Brian
--------------------------------------
If I rode a bike again (last time was 1947 on a Harley 74) I would mount the
small flasher lights one sees on road machinery, service trucks, etc. on the
ends of the handle bars, beside the headlights, on the front fender, on the
back fender, and several on extended supports out from the back fender.  I
would run them night and day with the effect being as much as possible like
a Christmas tree going down the road.  The newer flashers have an irregular
flashing pattern that gets peoples attention.

I'm sure braver bikers would have a good laugh at all the lights, but I'm
also sure cars could see me much better.  Driving a car, there have been
many times I almost missed seeing the lone headlight of a bike bearing down
on the intersection from which I was ready to pull out of.
Gerry