Again with my 2 cents...

I hear it all the time, "Well, that's what you get now-a-days." I'm sorry,
that's what some people "accept" now-a-days.

It seems many tradesmen don't take pride in their work. It's all about the
pay. Satisfaction and pride have nothing to do with it. Well sorry, last
general contractor who wanted me to cut corners (as he does) I had just this
conversation and I wound up refusing to sub for him anymore. His wife called
saying I had hurt his feelings because I told him I was ashamed to be
associated with his work.

Those of us who actually find a sense of accomplishment in our work are
often called compulsive or anal retentive. I've been told "They have pills
for that you know. Nobody's gonna see the wire after the walls are up."

Word of mouth still goes a long way and I have a big mouth and a long
memory. Gary's Automotive in Candler, Gary and son, Todd are some of the
finest MB indies I've known. People like them I want to give business to for
I want them to make well and be rewarded for good service!