Zoltan Finks wrote:
> And yes, the amount tailgating gets under my skin is directly proportionate
> to how much I like the car I'm driving, or whom I have as passengers.

The last time I got severely pissed at a tailgater was probably over
ten years ago. Oh, crap, there's great aunt Vera's car in front of
me doing 35. Oh, well, her house is only a mile away. So I'm tooling
along at 35 in fourth, hanging far enough back that I won't have
to brake when we get to her house. An Eclipse goes past me, slams
on the brakes and sits 10-15' off this 85 year old woman's bumper.
Now this particular old woman is one of my mom's favorite aunts.

The carfull of morons nearly stops as she makes her turn, then
whips out into the left lane, with me on their bumper. 15 seconds
later, we're going down this narrow two lane road at about 80,
with my car 20-30' behind theirs. It was nerve-wracking to me,
and I hope it was for them too. I intended to do the 10' that
they had done, but I just couldn't do it, too scary. A couple
of miles later we came to a stop sign, they turned right, I
turned left.

Mitch.