What Donald said [I usually take the advice of lawyers].
BillR

-----Original Message-----
From: "Donald Snook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 1/30/08 10:03 PM
Subject: [MBZ]  OT Taking a Poll on Tailgating - Not a Rant

Brian wrote:  "Simple question: If a car in front of you is going slower than
you want to go, do you consider it your right to tailgate them? Not a trick
question. I just want input as the the current mindset out there. It may help
me understand."

If you are talking about in town, then my answer is no. I don't tailgate.
HOWEVER, if you are talking about the highway, my answer changes.  If I am on
the highway and someone is in the LEFT lane, then I will get behind you. I
won't tailgate initially.  I will probably flash my lights and if the car
persists in driving in the left lane, then I will creep up until they move.
Some might not like it, but, I think the left lane is for passing.  If a car is
behind you in the left lane, you should get over and let them pass!  The left
lane is for temporary use when you are passing.

Donald H. Snook