You have to be careful playing those games at speed.  A guy who wants to get
past, always will in the end, and then, if he decides it's pay back time,
things can get ugly.  Before pulling out to pass, I always have a good look,
to see what's coming up.  Regardless of how fast I'm going, before I pull
out, if I see a guy closing at a higher rate than me, I give them right of
way to overtake first.  When I overtake  I tend to do it with some speed
differential.  I'm not one to creep past a car in the right lane.  I read a
great book years ago by Stirling Moss, which he wrote in the 50's I think,
but still a lot of stuff that can be applied today.  eg, when over taking a
car on a two lane country road, back off a little, and have a run at the car
you're overtaking, so as to pass quickly and reduce the time you're exposed
to oncoming traffic.  Simple common sense stuff, but how often have we seen
someone pull out to pass on a two lane, only to see them trying to overtake
too many cars at once, and then see them run out of time?  The slower your
car, the more you have to plan ahead.  Often, speed and power are your best
friend. ;-)

When done right, driving is still a beautiful form of art.

Ed
911SC