Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:59:15 -0800
From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] OT Taking a Poll on Tailgating - Not a Rant
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Simple question: If a car in front of you is going slower than you want
go, do you consider it your right to tailgate them?
Not a trick question. I just want input as the the current mindset out
there. It may help me understand.

It used to be that, in my circle of friends and acquaintances,
 tailgating
was a sign of aggression. People got into fistfights and sometimes shot
 for
it. But now it seems as I'm tailgated every single time I drive, it
 isn't
personal. The times I've been able to confront someone for doing it,
 most of
them have seemed genuinely clueless why I was mad at them.

To answer the next logical question: I don't drive all that slowly -
 just in
a sane fashion somewhere around the speed limit, or maybe 5 above or 5
 below
depending on conditions. (talking about in-town here).

And I also do not accelerate that fast because of: Fuel costs,
 Environmental
Issues, Wear and tear on vehicle, and just generally not wishing to be
pedal-mashing, non-thinking idiot that stabs the accelerator by
 default.

What say all?

Brian