No, they do not have the right to tailgate you, they can go around when
it is safe to do so.

Zoltan Finks wrote:
> Simple question: If a car in front of you is going slower than you want to
> go, do you consider it your right to tailgate them?
> Not a trick question. I just want input as the the current mindset out
> there. It may help me understand.
>
> It used to be that, in my circle of friends and acquaintances, tailgating
> was a sign of aggression. People got into fistfights and sometimes shot for
> it. But now it seems as I'm tailgated every single time I drive, it isn't
> personal. The times I've been able to confront someone for doing it, most of
> them have seemed genuinely clueless why I was mad at them.
>
> To answer the next logical question: I don't drive all that slowly - just in
> a sane fashion somewhere around the speed limit, or maybe 5 above or 5 below
> depending on conditions. (talking about in-town here).
>
> And I also do not accelerate that fast because of: Fuel costs, Environmental
> Issues, Wear and tear on vehicle, and just generally not wishing to be a
> pedal-mashing, non-thinking idiot that stabs the accelerator by default.
>
> What say all?
>
> Brian

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300SD, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic,
  91 300D, 90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D,
  76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250