From: "Timothy Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 1/31/08 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] why america is finished (pizza, not mercedes)

Pizza pie...

Down here in the South I was raised to think that a nice sauce (spaghet)
was
just full of meat. An upstate Italy transplant friend taught that it was
all
about the tomato and not about chunky meat...

I think most of the "pizza chains" it's about the quality of cheese
used.
Thin crust and real cheese... not this fake dog food stuff that they
call
Mozzerel.

Then again, I'm a pasta and beans type o'guy.. fazzole/vazule...
whatever.

> From: "Gary Hurst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:19:31 -0500
> To: "Banned List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  "Mercedes Discussion List"
> <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: [MBZ] why america is finished (pizza, not mercedes)
>
> i grew up in queens, which is not exactly a hot spot of culture.
despite
> the barbarism, there as still a few things we still value.  in terms
of
> food, pizza and deli are sacrosanct.  most queens pizza is a simply
round
> think pie that is very flexible, the crust being topped with a little
sauce
> and quite a bit of good mozzarella.  this is the paradigm for pizza to
many
> americans.   for those who prefer more bread, a so called "sicilian"
pizza
> is offered with, rectangular with an extremely thick crust.  both are
darn
> good!
>
> one might think that having grown up with such a strong pizza
tradition,
> that i'd be some kind of new york pizza snob.  i am not though.  i
recognize
> that there are many styles of great pizza apart from the simple new
york
> style.  there is really so many possibilities because pizza isn't
anything
> other than topped bread.  for example, take a gander at this CT pizza
from
> the north end of the long island sound:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Whiteclampie.jpg
>
> it is fantastic, no?
>
> so with all this array of simply amazing possibilities, what do most
> americans eat for pizza?  well, um, dominoes and pizza hut.  the
frozen
> stuff in the supermarket.
>
> how can a nation this moronic rule the world?  the end must be near,
no?

1/30/2008 8:51 PM