From: "Allan Streib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: 1/31/08 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] why america is finished (pizza, not mercedes)

"Back office database" that's pretty funny.  When I worked there we
wrote all the orders on 4 ply forms -- the red copy went to the make
line, the yellow copy was for the driver and the white copy was glued
to the box.  Totaled it up at the end of the night with an adding
machine, which aside from the telephone switch was the only piece of
electronic technology on the premises.  Heaven forbid if you lost a
sheet of blank forms -- the franchise office would charge you $100
per sheet.

Allan

On Jan 31, 2008, at 8:38 PM, Tom Hargrave wrote:

> I actually have a long relationship with Dominos - 24 years to be
> exact.
> These days I develop back office databases for a few of the larger and
> better franchises.
>
> If you are fortunate enough to be served by a well run franchise,
> you'll get
> great Dominos pizza. If you aren't, then they can deliver a pretty
> lousy
> product. I can tell you that every Dominos store starts with top
> quality
> ingredients from the dough all the way through the black olives -
> the rest
> is up to the franchise. And they don't use corn syrup as a sauce
> filler like
> their nearest competitor (Poppa Johns) does!
>
> What's my favorite pizza? Chicago style - but only in Chicago &
> eaten at a
> local pizza store! Everyone else's Chicago style pizza is a poor
> imitation.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Hargrave
> www.kegkits.com