-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rick Knoble
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:44 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Performance Diesel Mercedes

> R A Bennell wrote:
>> I think (but I could be wrong) that most of the diesel folks on here
>> think that MB did a pretty good job to begin with and that
>> modification beyond something minimal is heresy.
>>
>> Am I right?

>I cannot really recall much reference on this list to diesel modification for
>more power. Did I miss it, or are
you
> just saying there are others out there who are more interested in that sort
> of thing?

IIRC, on the old MBZ.org lists there was a diesel list for the purists and a
diesel tech list moderated by Jamie
Kopchinski (sp?) that was dedicated to increasing the output and performance of
the beloved MB diesel. A
paraphrased quote from Jabba the Hurst. "Most MB purists believe that if God
would've wanted your Mercedes to come
with it, He would've told the engineers at Stuttgart, and they'd have made it
that way." As far as diesel
hotrodding goes, either you learn to speak Finnish or go over to the forums at
BuyMBParts and speak with Dave M. He
is THE MAN when it comes to intelligent modifications to diesel Mercedes...

Caveats,
YMMV
My 2ยข
Rick Knoble