> So the question is are replacement VIN key'd door locks available? Are
> they the same thing as the ignition lock?

Yes, and no.  I actually transferred the wafers from a cut-up
ignition lock (column seizure, looks like) to a good one from
the boneyard.  Removing/drilling out the retainer pin that held
the lock together was the only hard part.  A piece of wire
served to replace that (soft) pin.

My point is that unless it's actually broken, you may be
able to disassemble it enough to actually restore it to service.

-- Jim