On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, George Woltman wrote:
> >On a purely technical note,  In the event that the other person does
> >eventually check back in, is there a mechanism in place to either tell his
> >machine or mine that it should abandon the exponent
>
> No.  The server never contacts the client.  That's too much of a security
> risk in my book.

That isn't exactly what I meant.  Given that his exponent has been expired
and assigned to me, if he then checks in later to report further progress
on the exponent, will the server tell his client that the exponent has
been expired and assigned to someone else, or will it tell me the next
time I check in that he is still working on it?  Or do both of our clients
continue happily chugging away on it?