On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 08:56:30PM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
> those are very fast CD readers too... I dunno CD-RW, never had much use for
> them, but the bulk TDK blanks I get at Costco seem to burn 100% AOK at 40X,
> and you can make a 700MB data backup in just a couple of minutes.

One should basically not use a CD-R/CD-RW as a general CD reader, since it
usually has way lower MTBF than a normal CD/DVD reader, and is more
expensive. Ie. it breaks a lot earlier if you use it a lot, and it's more
expensive to replace :-)

/* Steinar */
- already destroyed two of them, with not very much usage ;-)
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/