"Adam D. Moss" wrote:

> Keith Whitwell wrote:
> >

> I believe that you can, as long as your binutils can cope.
>
> > and do the
> > test at runtime to decide which ones to activate?
>
> Again, I read Holger's last paragraph to indicate that that is
> what happens (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm a bit naive on the make options as I usually hack my own makefiles.
I was really referring to the need for the seperate defines for 3dnow,
x86 and mmx.  I think a better approach would be to compile everything
we are capable of & do the checks at runtime.  There are '3dnow' targets
in the toplevel makefile for example - I'd be happy to see this
disappear.  I haven't checked the behaviour of the new autoconf scripts
either, so all in all I really don't have much original information to
add to this discussion...

Keith