Thomas Tanner wrote:
>  ... who has finished converting Mesa to autoconf.
>
>  I need testers, please !!.
>
>  Please checkout the experimental-1 branch or download the
>  current snapshot http://picasso.ffii.org/mesa/mesa-exp.tar.gz

Ok, I tested the packet: (If got a PentiumPro, Debian 2.1 System)

# ./configure
# make

The make just gave me one warning:(OK, this has got nothing to do with
autoconf, but nevertheless...)

tritemp.h: In function `general_textured_triangle':
In file included from triangle.c:990:
tritemp.h:941: warning: passing arg 10 of `gl_write_texture_span' discards
`const' from pointer target type

It figured out correctly to enable mmx, asm and 3Dnow. It also enabled -DSVGA
??? I want X11 !

And where have the libraries gone ? I finally found them under mysterious hidden
".libs" paths ?! What is this good for ? And how do I compile the demos in the
varous directories ? Do I have to "make" each target on it's own ?

# make install

Installed a lot of stuff under /usr/local. Why is the library-version
2.1.2 ? Isn't this supposed to be version 3.1 ?

Trying to compile any program gave me just the following:

../src/.libs/libMesaGL.so: undefined reference to `force_init_prof'

Seems have to do something with profiling ?

Questions over questions...

I can also test this on linux-alpha and SGI/IRIX, and perhaps on a DEC/Ultrix
machine later...

--
|/
|\ai

Kai Schütz
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi, I'm not a signature virus. Why don't you just copy me into your
signature?