On  7 Jun, Thomas Tanner wrote:

>> Please contact also Thomas Tanner, who is trying to write autoconf support
>> for Mesa.
>
>  ... who has finished converting Mesa to autoconf.
>
>  I need testers, please !!.
>
>  Please checkout the experimental-1 branch or download the
>  current snapshot http://picasso.ffii.org/mesa/mesa-exp.tar.gz

I don't see any autoconf stuff in the experimental-1 branch, but I did a
'cvs update -rautoconf' And tried that.

./bootstrap failed:

automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
    error while copying
automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
    error while copying
automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
    error while copying
automake: Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
    error while copying

However running each command by hand (after that) gave no trouble.
BTW, isn't autogen.sh a more standard name for this script?

./configure went fine, and the library built and seems to work.
However, 'make all' seems to be broken in the demo directories. I got

make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

in each of them, but everything built when I tried 'make check'
manually.

Hope that helps.
 -r

---