On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Luca Barbieri <l...@luca-barbieri.com> wrote:
>>> validate_and_get_current_sequence_number(), and the results reused in
>>> update_buffers().
>> This works too.  It assumes fast texture creation (as they are always asked
>> for), which is true with your DRI2 texture cache patch.
> It's even better, they would only asked for is the surface is updated.
> The validate_and_get_current_sequence_number would store the buffer
> names and updated dimensions in the private surface structure, and
> delete any textures it has stored that are outdated.
> Then, textures are only created from the names (if not already
> present) during the call to update_buffers(), which is only made if
> the sequence number changed.
When you wrote "update_buffers()", I thought it is a static function in
egl_g3d.c.  Please don't split the operation into two callbacks in
native_surface.

I think there still be one "validate" function in native_surface.  The
prototype and the meaning of the function stays true as in the last patch I
sent.  Or made simpler if possible.  The difference is in egl_g3d.c.  It calls
"validate" only once to get both the textures and the sequence number at the
same time.

-olv