On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:21 PM, José Fonseca <jfons...@vmware.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 04:06 -0800, Corbin Simpson wrote:
>> Handful of random things bugging me.
>
> Bellow some answers for the things I know enough to comment.
>
>> 1) Team Fortress 2 (and probably other Source games, haven't really
>> checked) request some fairly large VBOs and indexbufs, beyond what I
>> can provide. Is there any good example code on how to use
>> translate/indices to slice up buffers for multiple render runs?
>
> Draw module has some code to break large VBOs. But I don't know how to
> set it up so that it does that without doing vertex processing though.
> Keith's might help you with that.

If you want to do Gallium primitive splitting, I've just written some
code for Nouveau to do that, which is however not dependent on Nouveau
at all and could be moved to auxilliary.

See util_split_primitive in
http://repo.or.cz/w/mesa/mesa-lb.git/blob/da684bbc089083f90a3625f9ad2173e91872f848:/src/gallium/drivers/nouveau/nouveau_util.h
and its usage in
http://repo.or.cz/w/mesa/mesa-lb.git/blob/da684bbc089083f90a3625f9ad2173e91872f848:/src/gallium/drivers/nv40/nv40_vbo.c