on 1/31/00 6:35 AM, Blair Moxon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When importing images using File/Import/Images, can they only be imported
> one at a time??? This is incredibly tedious and time consuming. There is a
> marvelous invention called 'multi-select' which would make my life much
> easier...this is standard in many image importing programs. Has anyone found
> a way around this?

Not built in, but in a few minutes you could script a tool that will do that
exactly how you want.

> Also, for future reference the checkbox that has the label "don't import" is
> bad U.I. It should read "externally reference" or something less misleading.

Thyat's just staying in step with the Windows way, along with shutting down
the computer with the Start menu. :)

I've been meaning to suggest that myself - Scott, how about "Reference
Only"?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World