>I've used Supercard for years but much prefer MetaCard for numerous reason.  However
>Supercard and FlameThrower are a fantasic combo for writing CGI's on my Mac web
>servers.
>
>I'm not sure how Flamethrower works but it bridges the gap between the HTTP server
>and the stack allowing easy scripting for the most complex cgi's. However SC lacks
>the power and flexibility of MC.
>
>So, Is there a similar app to FlameThrower for MC ?  If not is there one in the
>pipeline ? Or is there another solution (maybe sockets which I don't know anything
>about). I don't want to use Applescript as I've had performance problems in the past.

Flamethrower is based on the server sending appleEvents to an application (hypercard,
supercard, metacard) with a "request" to the application to sort out one way or
another the information received by the server and generate a "result" which is to be
sent back to the client by the server.
Taking this as the principle you can pretty much duplicate the functions of FT in MC
gaining speed and more respect ;-) but the much more efficient way to have a server do
CGI work is to script your own server using the sockets possibilities built into MC
and forget about the appleEvents stuff (gain even more speed and respect;-) and have
the server process all the data coming in from the client.

>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Regards
>

>Gary Rathbone

Regards, Andu