LiangTyan Fui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is a temporally "mirror" site that you may try:
>
> http://www.magix.com.my/tmp/linux.tgz
> http://www.magix.com.my/tmp/MacOS.sit
> http://www.magix.com.my/tmp/README.2.4
> http://www.magix.com.my/tmp/Win32.zip
>
> I hope I did not violence MetaCard copyright.

Thanks, there's no problem with redistributing these files under the
Starter Kit license.

> BTW: Is this a right time for us to have a few mirror site for MetaCard
> download?

We'd encourge this *if* you can commit to keeping the mirrors updated.
We've used mirrors in the past but this has always been a significant
problem: The only thing worse than a slow download from the main
server is getting the wrong version from a mirror, a problem made
worse when it's new potential customers who run into it because they
don't know what version they're supposed to be getting.

Does anyone else regularly have problems accessing or downloading from
ftp.metacard.com?  We check it periodically and other than occasional
delays logging in during peak times, we've never seen any trouble with
it.  If you do have trouble, it'd be good to run "ping" and/or
"traceroute" to see if the problem is with the server itself or with
some part of the path between it and you (i.e., slow downloads are
often caused by overloaded routers between you and the server, and
you'll see this as dropped packets in ping and missing time values
when using traceroute).
  Regards,
    Scott