As Scott mentioned, mirrors are good but not if people update
them willy nilly.  The best method would be to write up a script
that would maintain the files automatically for you.  You can
tie it in with cron or any number of tricks.  I'm sure there is
some sort of GPL mirroring tool out there.  I'll have a look and
see if I find anything...

PS: Richard, been seeing you on the Adobe Golive list, ever sign
up with OutActions?  They just set up a list today:
http://www.outactions.com/forum/

The kid is a crack genius, I send him ideas and he builds them
for me (he gets all the money....).  He's built 3 things on my
ideas and also offers a customized one I made related to opening
an image in a new window (see:
http://www.outactions.com/forum/ ).  He doesn't list it because
he feels guilty, but if ask for it he'll send you one that does
the same thing for QT movies...