Still no joy sadly. I uploaded the bare bones mezzanine fresh install,only
with attempts in the settings to use
s3 storage to git: g...@github.com:fpghost/mezzdemo.git, if anyone would be
so kind as to pull and see if it works with their bucket. (don't worry I'll
change the django secret key before going into production).

With MEDIA_ROOT non defined, or with it set to '' I get the HTTP 500 Error,
with it as '/media/' or 'media' I get 400 bad request. My understanding is
MEDIA_ROOT is the storage point of the media files, so if s3 takes care of
it, then MEDIA_ROOT should be blank or empty, but if not I might have guess
''//s3.amazonaws.com/mybucket/media/''. Either way no joy.

This is not a https site just the basic demo install.