--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:09:01AM -0500, Porkchop wrote:
> Readers: send out not only what you can speak on, but what you would=20
> like to hear.

Very good point!  Everyone on the list, please send out ideas for talks you
would like to hear about.  Odds are that any topic you would like to hear a
talk on, so would someone else in the group.
=20
> Might we consider two speakers? I'm just concerned that if its just=20
> one speaker and that one speaker goes =FCbernerd, it might alienate=20
> others...well thats what I see at marist, but its a different dynamic=20
> here.

I'd like to keep to one talk per meeting if possible.  We'll just have to
steer the ubernerds back to the main highway if that happens. ;)

> I'll offer a talk on routing on linux. I figure I'd cover generic=20
> routing and ipchains (firewall) first, then depending on time and=20
> interest/caffine go into iproute2 and tc (traffic shaping n' queues).

That is a really good idea.  How about tayloring the talk as follows
"Setting up a Home Router/Firewall with Linux".  Would be nice to touch on
some theory, examples using toolkits that exist (like shorewall or
Bastille), and then doing fun things like traffic shaping (really good for
people on slow links).  I think lots of people would find such a talk very
useful.

        -Sean

--=20
_______________________________________________________________________
                        =09
Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
_______________________________________________________________________

--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE+Qr//SamXem9TdyYRAjC4AKCdVOfDwtsWvxLo35l+eXuL7oK93wCeJBov
q4uYuapV3EOnMokkpUNy5rE=
=uwfK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h--
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug



Reply via email to