Dammit, I hate it when I cannot reply to a message to the list with
this list software.
I'm good for doing the talk, I'll try and research "./" solutions
("./" solutions being the point-and-click equivalent for a
terminal...).
Off the top of my head, I'd say the the talk would start with basic
(widows-level) theroy, move to a "./" howto, and then the actual idea
behind ipchains and tracing a set of commands.
Finally, a little about traffic controls (traffic shaping) on a "./" level.
If anyone has any comments or requests, let me know.
-porkchop

At 2:20 PM -0500 2/7/03, Sean Dague wrote:
Porkchop,

You up for doing "Setting up a Home Gateway/Firewall with Linux"?  If so, I
really think that would be a good first topic, and unless we see anyone else
jump to it, I'd suggest that be the talk for March.

	-Sean

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:09:01AM -0500, Porkchop wrote:
 Readers: send out not only what you can speak on, but what you would
 like to hear.

 Might we consider two speakers? I'm just concerned that if its just
 one speaker and that one speaker goes �bernerd, it might alienate
 others...well thats what I see at marist, but its a different dynamic
 here.

 I'll offer a talk on routing on linux. I figure I'd cover generic
 routing and ipchains (firewall) first, then depending on time and
 interest/caffine go into iproute2 and tc (traffic shaping n' queues).
 -porkchop



 >Hey all,
 >
 >We are now exactly one month away from the first meeting.  It would be nice
 >to pin down someone to speak, so they have at least a couple weeks to get
 >ready. :)
 >
 >So far we have 2 volunteers to do something: Porkchop and Myself.  I'm pin
 >down my potential talk to "Web Photo Albums made easy with Linux".
 >Porkchop, can you send out an topic you'd like to speak on from the list
 >you
 >first posted.
 >
 >I also want to encourage everyone else on this list (all 50+ of us) to jump
 >up and volunteer topics they would like to talk about.  I know there are
 >many folks on the list who have plenty of interesting things to say, so
 >please step up an volunteer an idea.
 >
 >We'll figure out from the list of possible topics, which will happen in
 >March, and then we'll schedule all the rest for following meetings.
 >
 >So speak up and volunteer, your LUG needs you! :)
 >
 >	-Sean
 >
 >--
 >_______________________________________________________________________
 >
 >Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net
 >
 >There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
 >zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
 >_______________________________________________________________________
 >
 >Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
 >Content-Disposition: inline
 >
 >Attachment converted: Gray:Untitled 257 (????/----) (000BC584)

 _______________________________________________
 mhvlug mailing list
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug
--
_______________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://dague.net

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
_______________________________________________________________________

Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

Attachment converted: Gray:Untitled 262 (????/----) (000BCABA)
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to