This is a holy war just waiting to happen =)
Perhaps a panel of people (one or two for rh, deb, suse, etc..) who will
answer questions from the crowd. This sounds good in principle,
but who knows how such an event would actually go down.
-anthony
--
Anthony Sofia ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Tangy
Ward/Poughkeepsie To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/IBM@IBMUS cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: [mhvlug] Speaker for the
first meeting?
mhvlug-admin@list
s.dague.net
02/06/2003 03:51
PM
I'd like to hear about the Distribution Differences & why pick one over the
other.
Tangy.
zSeries Benchmark Center http://zbmc.pdl.pok.ibm.com/
2455 South Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Tieline 8-295-7224 Ext. 845-435-7224
Fax 8-292-9414 Ext. Fax 845-432-9414
----- Forwarded by Tangy Ward/Poughkeepsie/IBM on 02/06/2003 03:50 PM -----
Sean Dague
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Porkchop
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mhvlug-admin@list Subject: Re: [mhvlug]
Speaker for the first meeting?
s.dague.net
02/06/2003 03:05
PM
On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:09:01AM -0500, Porkchop wrote:
> Readers: send out not only what you can speak on, but what you would
> like to hear.
Very good point! Everyone on the list, please send out ideas for talks you
would like to hear about. Odds are that any topic you would like to hear a
talk on, so would someone else in the group.
> Might we consider two speakers? I'm just concerned that if its just
> one speaker and that one speaker goes �bernerd, it might alienate
> others...well thats what I see at marist, but its a different dynamic
> here.
I'd like to keep to one talk per meeting if possible. We'll just have to
steer the ubernerds back to the main highway if that happens. ;)
> I'll offer a talk on routing on linux. I figure I'd cover generic
> routing and ipchains (firewall) first, then depending on time and
> interest/caffine go into iproute2 and tc (traffic shaping n' queues).
That is a really good idea. How about tayloring the talk as follows
"Setting up a Home Router/Firewall with Linux". Would be nice to touch on
some theory, examples using toolkits that exist (like shorewall or
Bastille), and then doing fun things like traffic shaping (really good for
people on slow links). I think lots of people would find such a talk very
useful.
-Sean
--
_______________________________________________________________________
Sean Dague [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://dague.net
There is no silver bullet. Plus, werewolves make better neighbors than
zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
_______________________________________________________________________
**** Attachment C.DTF has been removed from this note on February 06, 2003
by Tangy Ward ****
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug