From: "Tara Hunt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Personally, I'd love it all to be invisible and have more tools for
non-expert content producers to input plain text into stuff that spits
out properly marked up pages and other tools (like browsers and plug
ins and sites) that consume these well-marked up pages properly.

This means that the tools people use to create their web pages will need to provide a mechanism for them to add microformat data to their content, without necessarily having to dig into the code.

So, first steps.

Select an area of text to be used as an hCard and click an hCard button

When an hCard area of text is defined, buttons become available to define different sections

Select text to be the persons name and click a name button
- if the name appears to be parsable as a fn, ask if the given name is one of a series of example formats - if the name isn't a correct format, let them pick and choose which parts are what

Select phone number and click a phone number button
- if an appropriate type is not included with the selected phone number, but one is nearby, ask if that should be included as the type

It should look like magic. What's that Arthur C. Clarke quote about
technology and magic?

it's not rocket science that we're doing here, it's tougher - usability for the masses.

--
Paul Wilkins