David Janes wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Martin McEvoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"if there is no Entry Title for a comment, it can be assumed to be empty or
the blog post title (investigate current atom feeds) "

the atom:title element should not be empty...

"It is advisable that each atom:entry element contain a non-empty atom:title
element"

Advisable is not SHOULD or MUST though. The latter part of my comment
is probably the important thing ... let's have a look at some Atom
published comment feeds (I suspect Blogger/Blogspot does this) and see
what the current use consensus is.

they usually build something contextual from the comment...

http://www.chesslodge.com/2007/03/chess-video-lesson-2/feed/

http://bottomunion.com/blog/?feed=rss2&p=469

http://www.accidenthash.com/2007/04/02/gray-wet-yuck-monday/feed/

http://www.itsjerrytime.com/?feed=rss2&p=89

http://www.haloscan.com/members/rss.php?user=empirestatehuman

http://ryanedit.blogspot.com/feeds/113755745032692159/comments/default

.... are a few examples, the only thing they all really have in common is the authors Name.
To exclude the entry-title element I would recommend a comment use the value
of "fn" presented in a contextual way eg:

by Author
Author said
Author says
etc...

This seems overly prescriptive to me, but even then: if we think this
is a good idea, why not just infer this if there's no entry-title.
I don't know David nothing really, the only real answer I can give to this Is if you look at the feed examples above (and any other feed), none of the titles are empty and to be honest I have never really seen it in practice.

Thanks
Regards, etc...

Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/