Derek Beattie schreef:

> ok, I think I found the problem.  What a bone head.  In the content admin I had
> www.yahoo.com instead of http://www.yahoo.com in the article url. If I don't
> put the http:// it must do something else?

Well, to be pedantic: www.yahoo.com is not an URL. Netscape will do the
Wrong^H^H^H^H^Hright Thing when such an URL lookalike is typed into the
location field, but in this case the reaction is correct: netscape
treats
it as a relative URL to the page that has the HREF.

You could try to simulate the behaviour by putting in code in the
displaying part to display the url as is if it starts with
<sometext>://,
prepend ftp:// if the "url" starts with "ftp.", and prepend http://
otherwise.
Or alter the admin interface to not accept URLs that do not have a
schema:// in front.

emile