I notice that variables can be expanded in html like:

&(var.field);

or in php line:

<?php echo $var->field;?>

(or even: <%=$var->field;%>

Is there a similar subsitute - perhaps with function calls - for:
<(content)>

and

<[body]>

?  Even if its unweildy I'm still interested just for knowledge sake.

Mainly 'cos my favoured html editor complains because <[...]> is not valid
markup and it keeps fixing it for me to &lt;[....]&gt;

No prizes for guessing which editor I use... (there's a clue somewhere in
this message).

Sam