On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 16:34 -0400, steve wrote:
> I think your right.  I think it is a Mikrotik special thing.  Just not sure
> why they didn't use the SNMP.  Makes interoperability between vendors a lot
> easier.

SNMP would be a nice option.  They don't document this, but from what I
can tell from packet sniffers, I don't think they get the data for the
"radio name" column vi SNMP.  It may be that I just haven't "caught" the
AP doing this.

I think they should incorporate something like creating columns in the
registration table like "radio ID" (snmp) and "radio type" (again, snmp
could tell this).  Even if the "radio type" column were "Mikrotik
radio?" (yes/no) it would be beneificial.  I've copied this to
supp...@mikrotik.com.  If you think this is a useful idea, you should
let them know.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://www.wispa.org/         * WISPA Board Member               *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * Wired or Wireless Networks       *