From: mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com
[mailto:mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com] On Behalf Of Ralph
Sent: April-23-10 3:39 PM
To: 'Mikrotik discussions'
Subject: [Spam Bayesian - ] - [Mikrotik] Some hotspot radios behind my
MT don't get outside access - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Hi Josh-

1. About once a year, some of the hotspot radios behind this router
begin
doing weird things- like giving users MT IP addresses but not allowing
them
to see the captive portal, or maybe not allowing them to the Internet.
The
radios are a Tropos mesh system and it is properly meshed and working
correctly.  It is like the hotspot is blocking them.  As a matter of
fact,
if I put a bypass rule in the hotspot for the user's IP address he gets
the Internet just fine. So it really appears like a hotspot problem and
not
a basic problem.   Most of the time when this happens, we go spend half
day pulling our hair out and then run out of time and rebuild the router
(default and start over).  Today my guys had to leave after 5 hours and
I am
going to have to do this remotely.  BTW- it is running 4.6 as of today.
It
was on 4.3 before but was doing the same thing.

2. I am not familiar with that setting.  I even searched the web for
Mikrotik +"on default".  Can you fill me in?

I stared and compared all the firewall rules between this system and one
that works and can see no difference.
I'd love to just have Butch or someone take a quick look and see if they
see
an obvious problem, but it is late on Friday now.