On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> gmail interface in xxxterm causes browser to  crash. If I'm quick
> enough and switch to basic (html) interface then it's running, but
> sooner or later some page will bring browser  down.
>
> in ff4(or any other ff available in packages) browser crashes
> immediately when I'm trying to log in gmail and page starts
> removed or not.
>
> chrome is working quite fine, but still there is quite too much
> crashes resulting in core files, but those are crashes of tabs and not
> whole broswer so probably that's issue of obsd is not so well
> supported by devs of chrome or whatever.
>
> I'm using snapshots, do updates every week or so, after that sysmerge
> and pkg_add -ui. Just yesterday tried building current, but still same
> results with browsers. Can test more today during night or newer
> snapshot if there is one. Only msttcorefonts installed from ports.

I was getting these too, only in firefox. I had the vmmap diff and the
ld.so diff.

To remove ambiguity, I deleted all packages and just reinstalled
minimal set of firefox4, enlightenement & geany. Still the crashes in
firefox.

I did a build of everything (kernel, userland + xencara), and then
compiled firefox4, enlightenment and geany from source (the only
packages I am using). Still the crashes in firefox.

Then I removed the vmmap diff and compiled kernel & a reboot later,
firefox crashes are gone.

Thanks