On Wed, February 8, 2012 3:25 am, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2012-02-07, Joe Gidi <j...@entropicblur.com> wrote:
>> In every case, when the box hangs, I'm unable to break into ddb.
>
> How long do you leave it when it hangs? There have been occasions
> where a box appears to hang but then recovers.
>
> Are you using softdep?

I actually resolved this by pulling and reseating all the DIMMs.

Oddly enough, prior to that, the box went through 3 complete runs of
memtest86+ without error, but continued to hang at random spots during
'make -j8 build'.

I pulled and reseated all the memory and then did 5 'make -j8 build' runs
successfully, no more hangs.

Very strange, but this is why I like to stress-test new builds...

--
Joe Gidi
j...@entropicblur.com

"You cannot buy skill." -- Ross Seyfried