Hi,

Are the various cvs mirrors allowing compression? I tried with cvs -z 5. I
currently sync from anoncvs3.usa and I think it doesn't, atleast the option
of tcpdump -A didn't show me any decompression activity, just ssh packets
being sent. top also didn't show any unzip or tar in the -I option....

If any mirror admin allows compression, please let me/us know. If they are
willing to publicize the allowed compression level, please put in the list
of cvs mirrors page!

Syncing to src, ports, xenocara wastes many MB per month per person...and
any help would be appreciated to cut down network traffic. I would be
willing to be test this if it is not enabled currently, and a cvs server
admin would like to enable it and check the load.

thanks in advance